5 Ingredient Brunch Hand Pies
By Keri of @keriannbritt
"A tasty homemade hand pie packed with flavor, using minimal ingredients. These hand pies are filled with fluffy eggs, ooey gooey cheddar and delicious al fresco country style chicken breakfast sausage all wrapped in flaky, buttery pie crust. These are perfect for breakfast and brunch for the whole family!"
5 Ingredient Brunch Hand PiesServings: 6
What you’ll need:
3 al fresco country style chicken breakfast sausages, sliced
2 prepackaged pie crusts
6 large eggs + 1 large egg (for egg wash)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Fresh thyme, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F then prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a 6 inch, circular biscuit cutter or cookie cutter, cut 12 round discs from dough. Place 6 on prepared baking sheet.
- Whisk 6 eggs in mixing bowl, then pour over pan on medium heat and scramble until cooked.
- Evenly distribute eggs onto 6 discs on prepared baking tray. Then top each with cheese and sliced chicken breakfast sausage. Sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- With the remaining 6 discs of dough, cut a small X in the center for ventilation. Then place on top of pies.
- Using a fork, crimp the circumference of top and bottom dough discs to close the pies.
- Whisk together egg wash with remaining egg, then lightly brush the tops and edges of pies.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm and enjoy!