5 Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Sausage Pasta Dinner
By Hannah of The Beard and The Baker
"This 5 ingredient crock pot dinner is easy, delicious, and a family crowd pleaser! The al fresco roasted pepper and asiago chicken sausage makes this simple dinner very fresh and full of flavor. "
5 Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Sausage Pasta DinnerServings: 7
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Roasted Pepper and Asiago Chicken Sausage
16oz penne pasta
24oz jar pasta sauce
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
Asiago cheese, shredded
Fresh parsley, optional
- Slice your al fresco roasted pepper and asiago chicken sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Sear the chicken sausage in a hot skillet for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Add the chicken sausage to your crock pot then cover with pasta sauce, chicken broth, and water.
- Stir to combine and turn crock pot to high. Cook for 1 hour, stirring once or twice while cooking.
- After an hour, add your pasta and stir until combined and covered. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice while cooking.
- Check to ensure pasta is cooked to preferred texture.
- Top with shredded asiago cheese and parsley (if desired). Enjoy!