Breakfast Sausage Tacos with Pico de Gallo
By Jennifer of @bostonfoodbae
"This is a fun breakfast taco recipe using al fresco’s Roasted Pepper & Asiago Sausages and topping it of with some fresh pico de gallo salsa and taco blend cheese!"
Breakfast Sausage Tacos with Pico de GalloServings: 2
What you’ll need:
1 package of al fresco Roasted Pepper & Asiago Chicken Sausage
½ tablespoon of cooking oil
½ onion, chopped
2 whole eggs
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 jalapeno (optional if you want it spicy)
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper to taste
4 four tortillas
Taco Blend Cheese to taste
- Remove the casings from the sausages.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausages and onions on medium-high heat, breaking up the meat with a spatula.
- Add eggs to the pan to make scrambled eggs and set everything aside.
- . In a bowl, mix the tomato, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime, salt and pepper to make Pico de Gallo.
- Heat up tortillas by throwing them on the pan over medium-high heat for 15-30 seconds on each side
- Top the tortillas with the sausages, onions, eggs, Pico de Gallo, and Taco Blend Cheese and serve!