Bubble Up Chicken Sausage Breakfast Casserole
By Jessy of The Life Jolie
"Do you hate when the bread in your breakfast Strata gets soggy? Then you've got to make Bubble Up Breakfast Casserole! It's easy, delicious and can even be made ahead!"
Bubble Up Chicken Sausage Breakfast CasseroleServings: 8
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Country Style Chicken Breakfast Sausage Links, cut in half length-wise then sliced
1/2 cup onion, finely diced
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
2 cans refrigerated biscuits, each biscuit cut into quarters
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
7 large eggs
2/3 cup half and half
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pinch ground nutmeg
Optional: fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Spray a large sauté pan and a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set the baking pan aside and heat the sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and sausage to the pan and stir frequently until vegetables have softened and sausage begins to brown (5-7 minutes). Remove from heat and cool.
- While the sausage mixture cools, whisk together eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and nutmeg until well combined. Set aside.
- Scatter biscuit pieces over the bottom of the baking pan and top in an even layer with the cooled sausage mixture. Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over top. Top with egg mixture.
- If making ahead, cover and chill overnight in the refrigerator. When you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Cool slightly and serve immediately.
- Optional: garnish with chopped parsley.