Butternut Squash & Apple Chicken Sausage Rigatoni
By Dianna of The Kitchen Prep
"Butternut squash, apple chicken sausage and rigatoni pasta are tossed together in this easy, cheesy dish for a satisfying weeknight dinner that comes together in no time at all. This 5 ingredient chicken sausage pasta recipe will quickly become a fall favorite! "
Butternut Squash & Apple Chicken Sausage RigatoniServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage, sliced
1 tbsp. olive oil
15 oz. bag of diced frozen butternut squash
16oz. rigatoni pasta, cooked
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 cup half & half (or milk)
1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a medium sheet pan with foil.
- Toss together butternut squash, oil, and about 1/4 tsp. sea salt.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until the butternut squash is tender and browned in spots. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cooked butternut squash and rigatoni to the pan, and stir to combine. Add half & half and cheese, and toss together until everything is coated.
- Serve hot & enjoy!