Cajun Chicken Sausage PastalayaServings: 6
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Smoked Andouille Chicken Sausage
16-oz. penne pasta
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 large green bell pepper, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
1/2 - 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp hot sauce
1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Using a large stock pot, cook the pasta in salted water until al dente; drain pasta and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a deep skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Slice the sausages and place in skillet. Cook for 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sausages are browned on both sides. Remove sausages from skillet and set aside.
- Using the same deep skillet, add remaining olive oil. Once hot, add garlic, onion, bell pepper and celery. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes, or until vegetables have softened slightly.
- Add the diced tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, oregano, smoked paprika, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and chicken stock. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and stir sausage, cooked pasta and chopped parsley into skillet. Divide pastalaya into bowls and garnish with chopped green onions before serving.