Cajun Pasta with Chicken Sausage and ShrimpServings: 8
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, sliced
8 oz pasta
8 oz shrimp (peeled, deveined and precooked)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 bell peppers, seeds removed, cut into thin slices
1 medium zucchini, cut into thin rounds
2 cups fresh spinach
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 teaspoons cajun spice
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Optional: fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for two minutes. Add the bell pepper, sausage and shrimp and continue to sauté for about 4-5 minutes, until the sausage and shrimp is heated through.
- Add the zucchini and spinach and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the heavy cream, diced tomatoes and cajun spice. Mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta dish and simmer for 2-3 minutes to let the sauce cook down a bit. Stir in the pasta and add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh parsley.