Cauliflower Rice Paella
By Kiran of Easy real Food
"This simple one-dish recipe includes the chicken sausage along with shrimp, vegetables and cauliflower rice, making it a one-dish paleo meal that’s low in carbs and sugar as well."
Cauliflower Rice PaellaServings: 6
What you’ll need:
1 package Mild Mexican Style Chicken Sausage
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups cauliflower rice
1 medium onion, sliced
1 large orange bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 bay leaves
1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 cups frozen shrimp
1 cup frozen peas
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in paella pan or large flat bottomed pan with olive oil. Add 2 cups cauliflower rice and cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, pepper, garlic, and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaves and other spices, sausage, tomato paste, broth and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and combine in peas and remaining cauliflower rice. Place frozen shrimp on top, cover and steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and enjoy!