Chicken and Corn DumplingsServings: 30
What you’ll need:
al fresco Simply Seasoned Ground Chicken
1 can of corn
2 tablespoons mirin
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
1-2 packs of dumpling wrappers (get more than 1 pack just in case because you get a lot of dumplings out of this filling)
1 bowl of water
4 tbsp Soy sauce
Dash of green onions
Dash of sesame seeds
- Mix all the filling ingredients together til it’s sticky. Then you know it’s ready to start filling the dumpling.
- For dumpling assembly, get a dumpling wrapper, filling and a small bowl of water ready. Then take a teaspoon size of filling and place it in the middle of the dumpling wrapper.
- Dip the tip of your index finger in the water and rub it along the rim of the dumpling wrapper.
- Gently fold the dumpling in half pressing down the ends so it is sealed.
- Alternatively, you can add little ripples on the side for decoration but if you want to go faster just pinch seal on both sides.
- Repeat til you are satisfied with the amount of dumplings you have.
- Two ways of cooking the dumplings:
- Get a steamer ready for boiling. Place dumplings in when boiling for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Once hot enough, place dumplings and cook for about 2 minutes til bottoms are fried. Add ¼ cup of water, cover and cook until the filling is cooked through and water is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- While dumplings are cooking, take all the dipping sauce ingredients mix together. Now the sauce is ready.
- Transfer dumplings to a plate and sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Then serve with dipping sauce.