Chicken Apple Sausage Breakfast MuffinsServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 al fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage, diced
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 small honeycrisp apple (3oz), grated
1/4 cup 0% greek yogurt
1/8 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a regular size muffin tin with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix together the grated apple, egg, greek yogurt, apple sauce, and diced apple chicken sausage.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix until everything comes together, batter will be thick and sticky.
- Divide the batter into 8 muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden and center is done.
- Allow to cool in the muffin pan for several minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Keep muffins in an air tight container in the fridge. Reheat leftovers in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Enjoy!