Chicken Sausage and Shrimp Foil Packets
By Julia of A Cedar Spoon
"Sausage and Shrimp Foil Packets are a quick and easy grilling recipe using fresh vegetables, potatoes, shrimp and chicken sausage. Add your own spices and grill these for a protein-packed, easy clean-up meal! "
Chicken Sausage and Shrimp Foil PacketsServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage
1 1/2 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 1/2 lb. baby Yukon gold potatoes, cut in half
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
4 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tsp Italian or cajun seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional Toppings: fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill over high heat.
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Cut 4-12 in. long sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Divide mixture into 4 foil packets.
- Fold up all sides of foil packet and add 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of butter, and 1 tsp of seasoning to each packet. Close up packets.
- Grill packets until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables and potatoes are soft.
- Serve each packet warm and top with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese if desired.