Chicken Sausage Fettucine Alfredo
By Erin of Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
"Serve with a salad, cheesy garlic bread, or roasted veggies for a full meal. Your family will love they can have classic comfort food any night of the week."
Chicken Sausage Fettucine AlfredoServings: 5
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage
1 (16 oz) box fettuccine
2 tsp olive oil
4 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
crushed red pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil, swirling to coat. Slice sausage links into coins. Add to pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add butter to the pan. Once melted add garlic, and sauté for a minute until fragrant. Be careful not to burn it.
- Pour in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Whisk until smooth. Bring to a low simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 1-2 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in cooked sausage and pasta. Top with additional Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes if desired.