Chicken Sausage Meal Prep Bowls
By Heather of Food Lovin' Family
"Meal prep is a wonderful way to set yourself up for the week. These chicken sausage meal prep bowls are tasty, colorful and full of texture."
Chicken Sausage Meal Prep BowlsServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage
2-3 cups cubed butternut squash
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup chopped baby spinach
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 cup diced cucumber
juice of one lemon
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place cut sausage and diced butternut squash on pan. Drizzle olive oil over sausage and squash. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and using a spatula, flip the sausage and squash over and bake another 10 minutes.
- While sausage is in the oven, cook quinoa according to package.
- Once cooked, toss with shredded baby spinach, diced cucumbers, feta and pomegranate seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle over quinoa and toss.
- Divide sausage and squash into four meal prep bowls. Fill the remainder of the bowl with quinoa salad.