Chicken Sausage Penne Pasta
By Morgan of Morgan Manages Mommyhood
"A kid friendly dinner that will take 30 minutes or less from start to finish, you’ll be able to whip up this school night meal in between pickup and soccer practice. No more drive through meals – this 30 minute meal is a life saver!"
Chicken Sausage Penne PastaServings: 6
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage, sliced
1 pound penne pasta
1.5 cups broccoli florets
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese for sprinkling on top
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups milk
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cook pasta per directions on box to al dente.
- In the final minute of cooking the pasta, add the broccoli florets to blanch. Rinse drained pasta and broccoli in cold water to stop the cooking process and shake to dry well.
- Melt butter in a pot on medium then whisk in flour. Whisk and cook for about 2 minutes, or until a roux has formed and the mixture is light brown. Slowly, add milk while whisking. Stir regularly and cook on medium low until the sauce thickens. When desired consistency, remove from heat and add cheese.
- Once pasta is cooked and sauce is finished, combine the two with the sliced al fresco chicken sausage.
- Add pasta mixture to a large baking pan, sprinkle with cheese, and bake 15-20 minutes until cheese begins to brown and gets bubbly.