Chicken Sausage Pesto Tortellini Skillet
By Haylie of @ourbalancedbow
"This Chicken Sausage Pesto Tortellini Skillet is the easiest 5 ingredient meal to whip up on a busy weekday night! Loaded with savory pesto and ultra cheesy tortellini, it’s topped with the juiciest al fresco chicken sausage and of course, freshly shredded parmesan cheese. It’s fresh, vibrant and the perfect Spring dinner!"
Chicken Sausage Pesto Tortellini SkilletServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage
20 oz family pack of cheese tortellini
7 oz jar store bought pesto
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/2 - 2/3 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
Salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to season
- Slice chicken sausage into coin pieces and also mince 2 large cloves of garlic
- To a skillet, add a little bit of oil and then add in the chicken sausages, giving them a good sear on each side for about 3 - 4 minutes, flipping halfway
- Meanwhile, boil tortellini according to box instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Next, add in half of the jar of pesto to the chicken sausage in the pan and mix
- Add in the cooked (and drained) tortellini as well as the other half of the jar of pesto to the skillet. Add in the freshly grated parmesan as well as a generous pinch of salt, pepper. Add a little bit of pasta water to help make sure the tortellini aren’t dry and stir to mix. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Garnish with extra cheese and red pepper flakes if desired. Enjoy!