Chicken Sausage & Polenta Meal Prep
By Luci of Luci's Morsels
"This delicious recipe is great for a quick dinner or to meal prep for the week. Creamy polenta combines with all natural sweet Italian sausage and your favorite marinara sauce for a delicious combination. Feel free to top with cheese, veggies, and chili flakes if you want a little kick!"
Chicken Sausage & Polenta Meal PrepServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Sweet Italian Style Chicken Sausage, sliced
4 cups water
1 cup yellow cornmeal or cornmeal grits
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
salt to taste
2 cups prepared marinara
Optional: 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil for garnish
- Stir together the cornmeal and 1 cup of the water in a large saucepan. Turn to medium-low heat and stir. Meanwhile, boil the remaining 3 cups of water.
- While stirring, pour the boiling water into the polenta. Continue to stir and then allow it to come to a simmer, stirring occasionally until it reaches your desired thickness (7-15 minutes).
- While the polenta simmers, heat the sausages in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until browned.
- Remove the polenta from heat, and stir in Parmesan (optional) and salt. Divide among 4 meal prep containers, and add sausage. Portion 1/2 cups of sauce and place in each container for serving.
- Optional: garnish with basil.