Chicken Sausage Stuffed Peppers
By Keri of Brunch with the Brittains
"If you’ve never tried making stuffed peppers before, they are actually a fun meal to make because the bell peppers are a neat vessel for the rice and chicken sausage mixture. They also make for a healthier “comfort food” option!"
Chicken Sausage Stuffed PeppersServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Roasted Pepper & Asiago chicken sausage, chopped
8 bell peppers, vertically halved and seeded
1 cup green pepper, diced
1 cup yellow onion, diced
3 cups white rice, cooked
15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil seasoning
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- On a sheet pan, cook unstuffed peppers in oven for 10-12 minutes. Then remove from the oven.
- In a medium skillet, saute diced green peppers and onions in oil until slightly caramelized.
- Reduce heat, then mix in rice, chicken sausage and tomato sauce. Stir in salt, pepper and garlic.
- Stuff the peppers with the rice and chicken sausage mixture. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese and dried basil.
- Cook for 12 more minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!