Chicken Sausage Tortellini Soup
By Kristen of All the King's Morsels
"This cozy soup is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal, weekends at home, or when you need to feed a crowd with minimal effort. My time-saving chicken sausage recipe also uses common pantry staples you likely have on hand!"
Chicken Sausage Tortellini SoupServings: 6
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Pasta Night, Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
28 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 tsp Italian seasoning
10 oz. package cheese tortellini
salt and pepper, to taste
Optional Toppings: fresh basil and shaved Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium-heat in a large pot or dutch oven. Add sausage and onion. Cook until sausage is browned and onions are slightly caramelized.
- Add garlic and cook for a couple minutes. Add flour and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and heavy cream. Whisk until reaching a low boil and slightly thickened.
- Add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a gentle boil for 15 minutes.
- Add cheese tortellini. Reduce and simmer for 8-10 minutes. If soup is too thick, add more chicken broth.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve into bowls. Top with basil and shaved Parmesan cheese.