Chicken Sausage & Vegetable Soup
By Sandipan of @caught.in.a.taste
"Let's be honest even though some of us are working from home these days it's still not possible to cook elaborate meals and that's where al fresco's fully cooked chicken sausages come really handy. Just throw them into a sauce pan with your choice of vegetables and get a soup ready in 5-7 mins. Could it get any easier?"
Chicken Sausage & Vegetable SoupServings: 3
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Roasted Pepper & Asiago Chicken Sausage
2 celery sticks
1 cup of Baby Potatoes
3 cups broth (any kind chicken/beef/vegetable)
3 tbsp. corn flour
1/2 cup low fat milk
1 cup spinach
- Chop the vegetables (potatoes, carrots, celeries and keep aside.
- Cut two alfresco dinner sausages into small slices and keep aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan bring 3 cups of chicken broth to boil. Add 3 tbsp of corn flour to thicken the soup base.
- Add potatoes and let it boil until they are about medium soft and you can poke them easily with a fork (about 5 mins).
- Add the carrots, then the sausages and then celeries in that order by spacing them 2-3 mins apart.
- Remove from heat and add spinach at the very end.
- Serve and Enjoy!