Chicken Sausage & Zoodles with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
By Kristen of Dine and Dish
"This recipe is so versatile. I used al fresco fully cooked Chicken Sausage links but their fully cooked Chicken Meatballs would be a great substitution as well."
Chicken Sausage & Zoodles with Roasted Red Pepper SauceServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Chicken Sausage any flavor, sliced into 1/2 inch coins
Store prepared zoodles
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
1/2 vidalia onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 16 oz jar roasted red peppers liquid drained
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Place roasted red peppers, red pepper flakes, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper into the jar of your blender. Carefully add the cooked onion and garlic (including the olive oil). Cover and blend on high until sauce is smooth. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the same pan and add the sliced al fresco chicken sausage and stir while cooking until chicken sausage is slightly brown and warmed through. Add the spiralized zucchini to the pan and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon 1/4 to 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper sauce over the zucchini noodles and chicken sausage. Toss and serve immediately.
- Remaining roasted red pepper sauce can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for 1 week.