Country Style Sausage and Egg-filled Avocados
By Jennifer of @kaleandkiddos
"Brunch is served in these adorable, individual-sized portions featuring al fresco’s savory Country Style Breakfast Sausage."
Country Style Sausage and Egg-filled AvocadosServings: 2
What you’ll need:
2 links al fresco Country Style Breakfast Sausage, sliced
1.5 TB milk
1 TB sharp cheddar cheese
1/8 tsp salt
A few cracks freshly ground pepper
Parsley flakes to taste
Fresh greens (desired amount)
Olive oil (desired amount)
Freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste
- Spray a cast iron skillet with olive oil and warm up over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until the outside starts to brown. Set aside.
- Toss desired amount of fresh greens with a little olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Add to your plate.
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil to a nonstick pan and warm over low heat. Add the egg mixture (eggs, milk, cheese) and cook slowly until set and just cooked through.
- Halve the avocado, remove the pit and the skin, add to plate.
- Top with the scrambled eggs and sausage slices. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and parsley flakes.