Creamy Pesto Baked Spaghetti with Chicken Sausage
By Leela of Lex Eats
"Y’all know I’m a huge fan of chicken sausage. al fresco’s product is fully-cooked, so you can quickly heat it up for an easy dinner. I always keep a package in the fridge for nights when I have nothing planned for dinner."
Creamy Pesto Baked Spaghetti with Chicken SausageServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco chicken sausage, sliced
8 oz. spaghetti, cooked
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup cottage or ricotta cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup pesto
1 small squash, sliced into half moons
4 oz. fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella and pesto in a small bowl until fully combined.
- Toss warm spaghetti with spinach until wilted.
- Add pesto mixture, chicken sausage and squash to the spaghetti mixture. Stir until combined.
- Spread spaghetti in a 9 in. casserole pan and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cheese begins to brown and edges crisp up.