Doro Wat (Spicy Ethiopian Chicken Sausage Stew)
By Shana of Shana Was Here
"Traditional Doro Wat is served with injera, a sourdough flatbread made with teff flour. This quick and easy recipe gives to the rich taste of Doro Wat in just about 30 minutes. "
Doro Wat (Spicy Ethiopian Chicken Sausage Stew)Servings: 2
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage, sliced
1 tbsp ghee
1 medium onion, diced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp Berbere spice blend
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup water
2 boiled eggs
- Heat ghee. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken sausage, lemon juice, tomato paste, Berbere Spice, and water to the pot. Stir.
- Cook covered on medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir and add more water if needed.
- Add boiled eggs and simmer on low. Adjust the seasoning according to taste. Serve warm with injera or steamed rice.