Easy Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
By Christina of Run Lift Eat Repeat
"If you’re craving big flavor, make these salsa verde chicken enchiladas. These are bursting with flavor and easy to make. Follow this simple recipe to have dinner ready in no time at all and watch them disappear!"
Easy Salsa Verde Chicken EnchiladasServings:
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Mild Mexican Style Chicken Sausage, diced
1 1/2 cups salsa verde
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup sweet onion, chopped
1 (4oz.) can diced green chilies
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 (8oz.) block cream cheese, softened to room temp.
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
12 regular sized corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spoon 1/2 cup of salsa verde into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Set aside.
- In medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, green chilies, garlic, salt and pepper. All them to cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and 1 cup shredded cheese. Stir in onion/green chilies mixture and chicken sausage.
- Spoon 2-3 tbsp of mixture into each tortilla and roll it up. Please each enchilada fold side down into the baking dish. Pour remaining cup of salsa verde over rolled tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with cilantro, sour cream, avocado slices or jalapenos if desired.