Freezer Chicken Sausage Breakfast Sandwiches
By Kristina of Love & Zest
"Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches that are healthy, loaded with veggies, and make an easy breakfast meal prep! Chicken breakfast sausage, cheddar cheese, english muffins and all the veggies in a baked egg casserole."
Freezer Chicken Sausage Breakfast SandwichesServings: 12
What you’ll need:
3 packages al fresco Country Style Chicken Sausage Breakfast Patties
2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
1 cup diced onion
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 cups packed baby spinach
freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
12 slices of cheese
12 english muffins
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle oil on the lined baking sheet, toss veggies on pan to coat with oil, then season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, then pour over veggies in the sheet pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes until eggs are fully cooked. Remove baked eggs from oven and cut into 12 even squares.
- Assemble breakfast sandwiches by stacking baked eggs, cheese, and chicken sausage on english muffins. Wrap each sandwich individually in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil.
- Before reheating, defrost by placing in the fridge overnight or in the microwave on defrost setting for 1 minute. Then heat on high in microwave for 1-1.5 minutes, until eggs and sausage are heated through.