Gochujang Peppers & Onion Penne with Chicken Sausage
By Mabel of Miss Hangry Pants
"They're already fully cooked, so I just browned the sides to give it a nice color, chopped it up and then added it to the pasta. The sweetness of the peppers and Italian herbs in the sausage played so well with the gochujang tomato sauce with a little bit of kick from the Korean chili powder."
Gochujang Peppers & Onion Penne with Chicken SausageServings:
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Pasta Night, Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage, sliced
1 box penne pasta, cooked
1/2 cup reserved pasta water
1 small onion, sliced
3 bell peppers, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon gochugaru (Korean chili powder)
2 tablespoon gochujang (Korean chili paste)
1 cup canned crushed tomato
salt and pepper to taste
fresh parsley (garnish)
- Into large frying pan, add oil and chicken sausage until browned. Remove sausage.
- Saute in oil onions and bell peppers until softened.
- Add back in chicken sausage and chili powder. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup pasta water, gochujang and crushed tomatoes. Add in dried parsley and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Combine in pasta and simmer until fully cooked through. Garnish with parsley.