Greek Chicken Burgers in a Pita Pocket
By Kate of Domestikated Life
"We’ve been making an effort to cut most red meat out of our diet this year to lessen our impact on the environment, so a chicken burger swap for summer grilling was a welcome menu addition! "
Greek Chicken Burgers in a Pita PocketServings: 2
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Greek Style Chicken Burgers
3 tbsp. Greek yogurt
3 tbsp. sour cream
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
3 tbsp. cucumber, finely chopped
1 cup cucumbers, sliced and quartered
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
salt & pepper
lettuce, tomato, pickled red onions, feta, for serving
- Preheat grill and cook chicken burger according to package.
- While burgers are cooking, prepare Tzatziki-Inspired sauce. Combine yogurt, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, and cucumbers into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to use.
- Prepare tomato-cucumber salad by combining tomatoes, cucumbers in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
- Toast the flat bread on the grill and assemble the burgers with the toppings of your choice. Add a dollop of the Tzatziki-Inspired sauce.
- Serve with tomato-cucumber salad on the side. Enjoy!