Grilled Tandoori Naan Pizza with al fresco Burrito Chicken Sausage
By Chef Susanna of al fresco kitchen
"Quickly grilled tandoori naan makes a great and quick summer pizza! Top the grilled naans with grilled Burrito chicken sausage, avocado, salsa and queso fresco. Simply add your favorite toppings for a fun and easy pizza!"
Grilled Tandoori Naan Pizza with al fresco Burrito Chicken SausageServings: 8
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Tastes Just Like Burrito Chicken Sausage
2 ea (8.8) oz Tandoori Naan
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
2 avocados thinly sliced
6 - 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in thin wedges
¾ cup salsa, divided
6 oz queso fresco, diced or shredded
½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Pre-heat grill on medium high, lightly oil grates.
- Grill the sausages and rotate for 2 – 3 minutes. Grill for 6 – 8 minutes or to an internal temperature of 165 df. Slice ½” thick on the diagonal.
- Brush the tandoori naan bread with olive oil and grill on each side, approximately 1 ½ - 2 minutes per side, watching carefully. Remove to a cutting board. Sprinkle with the Mexican cheese once grilled.
- To assemble the pizzas, top the grilled naans with slices of the avocado and tomatoes in a circular arrangement. Spoon salsa around, finish with sausage slices, queso fresco cheese and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Cut each pizza into 8 portions with a pizza wheel and serve immediately.