Instant Pot Jambalaya
By Kristina of Love & Zest
"Instant Pot Jambalaya all the way. I love this recipe because it’s a healthier version loaded with all the veggies, brown rice and my favorite al fresco smoked andouille chicken sausage!"
Instant Pot JambalayaServings: 8
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Smoked Andouille Chicken Sausage, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 large bell pepper, diced
2 large cloves garlic, minced
4 celery sticks, chopped
1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 pound frozen gumbo shrimp, uncooked, peeled, deveined and tail off
1 pound chicken cutlets, uncooked
- Using sauté function on the Instant Pot, heat olive oil then sauté onions and bell pepper. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in celery and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Press cancel on Instant Pot.
- Stir in canned diced tomatoes and juice, creole seasonings, parsley, brown rice, and chicken broth.
- Add frozen shrimp and chicken sausage, then stir. Add chicken cutlets and submerge into liquid.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and turn lever to sealed, cook on manual high temperature for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, quick release pressure on the Instant Pot before removing lid. Fluff with a fork and remove from heat, transfer jambalaya to a large bowl and serve.