Italian Fried Rice
By Morgan of Morgan Manages Mommyhood
"Leftover rice is cooked up with sweet Italian chicken sausage, veggies, and a splash of wine to create a simple family favorite. The Italian style rice is a fun take on your traditional simple dinner."
Italian Fried RiceServings: 6
What you’ll need:
2 links of al fresco Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/2 of a medium zucchini, diced
1/4 cup onion, diced
2-4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup red wine (or chicken stock)
Salt and pepper to taste
2-3 cups of cooked, cooled rice
2 tablespoons of chopped Italian parsley
1/2 cup of mini fresh mozzarella balls
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Over medium high heat, heat a skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the chopped al fresco chicken sausage. Cook about 2-3 minutes to crisp up.
- Add the pepper, zucchini, and onion. Cook another 2-3 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds to a minute or until fragrant.
- Deglaze with the red wine (or chicken stock), cooking 3 minutes until cooked down a bit. Lower the heat if necessary.
- Add in the rice. Toss until full incorporated and heated through. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley and parmesan. Taste and season.
- Before serving, stir in the mini mozzarella balls.