Italian Stuffed Peppers with Mozzarella & Pesto
By Kelsey of @happy_balancedlife
"Healthy meals only! These Italian stuffed peppers are easy, delicious & ready in 30 minutes! They are stuffed with al fresco Italian style ground chicken, tomatoes, garlic, quinoa, mozzarella & topped with pesto. "
Italian Stuffed Peppers with Mozzarella & PestoServings: 6
What you’ll need:
2 packages of al fresco Italian Style Ground Chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 bell peppers
1 onion diced
2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt and pepper
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (14.5oz, 400g) can diced tomatoes
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup mozzarella cheese pearls
1 tablespoon fresh basil or parsley chopped
1/2 cup pesto
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C
- Prepare the bell peppers by slicing them in halves, then remove the seeds and the membrane. Brush them with a little bit of olive oil inside out, and roast them in the oven until they're just undercooked
- In a non-stick pan, saute the diced onion until soft and translucent. Then add the ground turkey, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Brown the ground turkey as you break it down with a wooden spoon, add a can of diced tomatoes, and cook everything together.
- Add in cooked quinoa and mozzarella and mix on medium heat until everything is melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take the bell peppers out of the oven. They should be roasted but just undercooked.
- . Spoon the stuffing into each bell pepper half, then top with more mozzarella cheese
- Put back in the oven for 10 minutes. This will allow the flavors to settle, the bell peppers will be fully cooked, and the cheese will melt. Top with pesto!