Lemon Chicken Meatball and Orzo Soup
By Leigh Ann of My Diary of Us
"It’s the kind of soup that you can feel really good about fixing for your family and is full of just the kind of nourishment our bodies need this time of year. The soup gets great flavor from the al fresco Italian Chicken Meatballs, veggies, and the fresh lemon juice gives it a brightness that tops the soup off with another level of flavor. With recipes like this, there is no excuse not to have a healthy and delicious meal any night of the week."
Lemon Chicken Meatball and Orzo SoupServings: 6
What you’ll need:
2 packages al fresco Italian Chicken Meatballs
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 cup carrots, sliced
4 sprigs thyme
8 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cups cooked orzo
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp parsley (optional)
- Brown meatballs and olive oil in a large pot. Remove from pot.
- Saute onion, garlic, celery, salt and pepper until tender.
- Add meatballs, thyme, lemon juice and chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add fresh orzo right before serving. Garnish with parsley.