Lemony Italian Chicken Artichoke Pasta
By Amy of Atta Girl Says
"This easy lemony Italian Chicken Artichoke pasta cooks in the time it takes to boil the noodles with very little prep work. The quick and easy dish is packed with fresh flavor, and it’s a great choice for busy nights when you don’t have a lot of time to cook."
Lemony Italian Chicken Artichoke PastaServings: 8
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Pasta Night, Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage, sliced
16 ounces penne pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 shallot, thinly sliced
14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and chopped
1/2 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1 cup reserved pasta water
1/2 lemon, juiced
shredded Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saute pan. Saute onions and shallots for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add chicken sausage and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine in artichoke hearts and saute for 2 minutes. Then add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, until tomatoes soften.
- Add reserved pasta water, fresh lemon juice. Stir in pasta and toss ingredients together.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese.