Lemony Orzo Salad with Chicken Sausage and Goat CheeseServings: 8
What you’ll need:
1 package of al fresco Smoked Andouille Chicken Sausage
1lb box orzo, cooked to package directions and rinsed
3 - 4 ears corn, grilled and shaved off the cob
½ large red onion, thinly sliced
4 cups arugula or baby spinach
½ cup toasted chopped walnuts
4 oz goat cheese, crumbled, plus more to taste
1/3 cup olive oil, plus 1 tbsp
Juice an d zest of one lemon
1 handful of chopped fresh basil to taste
Salt for taste
Pepper for taste
- In a medium skillet, heat 1T olive oil over medium - high heat. Slice sausage into coins and add to skillet.
- Sauté for a few minutes until sausage starts to caramelize. Remove from skillet and set aside on a paper towel - lined plate.
- Once the sausage cools, add it to a large bowl with the orzo, corn, onion, arugula or spinach, walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently fold in goat cheese crumbles.
- Serve at room temperature, adding more goat cheese to the top if desire.
- Serve and Enjoy!