Mediterranean Chicken Sausage Pasta
By Robin of Mom Foodie
"This Greek inspired fettuccine dish is a great fuss-free meal. The fun Mediterranean spin and ease of preparation will make you feel like you are on vacation, even on a weeknight."
Mediterranean Chicken Sausage PastaServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Spinach & Feta Chicken Sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 pound fettucinni pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil (classic, not extra virgin)
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 can large black olives, drained
12 grape tomatoes
4 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Optional: fresh lemon wedges and fresh ground black pepper for topping
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, place large deep skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the oil, sausage, garlic, and oregano. Toss and sauté for a minute then stir in the zest of 1/2 a lemon.
- Toss in the olives and tomatoes. Stir occasionally while cooking, until the tomatoes are starting to blister.
- Mix in the spinach, then turn off the stove burner and mix in the drained pasta.
- Sprinkle with feta and serve.
- Optional: serve with fresh ground pepper and lemon wedges.