By Sweta of @thetableofspice
"Who doesn't love Mexican food + gumbo! I love a good hearty soup, stew and for this Instance gumbo!! I love the spice and all the texture and flavors gumbo has to offer. I'm not a huge seafood fan when it comes to soups and stews so I wanted to change things up a bit and make gumbo my way. I hope you enjoy it and love it as much as I do. "
Mexican GumboServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package of al fresco Mild Mexican Style Chicken Sausage, sliced
1 small onion sliced
1 small green bell pepper sliced
1 small red bell pepper sliced
1 cup black beans - cooked and rinsed or you can use can
1 cup white rice - cooked and cooled or you can use left over rice
1 tsp salt
2 tsp taco seasoning
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
4 cups veggie broth
2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large pot, heat up the olive oil and add the onions, followed by the bell peppers. Cook on med/high heat for 2-3 mins.
- Next add all the seasonings and give everything a good stir.
- Add the sliced al fresco chicken sausage and stir.
- Next add the chicken broth, black beans and rice. Give everything one good stir and cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer on med/low heat for 15 mins.
- Serve with garlic bread or just as, enjoy!