Mexican Stuffed Peppers
By Sweta of @thetableofspice
"Easy Mexican stuffed peppers, that are not only healthy but filling and super EASY to whip on busy weeknights! The mixture of black beans, sweet potatoes and al fresco chicken sausage is the perfect filling for these peppers! This recipe is so versatile you can swap out any of the veggies for what you already have on hand. These stuffed peppers make for an easy dinner and a great leftover meal! "
Mexican Stuffed PeppersServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package of al fresco Roasted Pepper & Asiago chicken sausage - chopped
4 bell peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
1 small onion - diced
1 sweet potato- peeled and diced
2 cups canned black beans - drained and rinsed
2 cups pepper jack cheese
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp taco seasoning
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 cloves garlic - minced
salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over med/high heat, heat up the oil and add diced onions, sweet potatoes and salt. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next add black beans and tomatoes, cook for 3-5 mins until tomatoes start to blister and release liquid.
- Add in all the seasonings and al fresco chicken sausage. Give everything a good stir and set it off to the side.
- In a parchment lined baking dish, place the bell peppers cut side open and start filling them with the mixture and sprinkle with pepper jack cheese. Place in a preheated oven at 350 for 12-15 mins.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or scallions and top it off with some sour cream and salsa, enjoy!