Nashville Hot Vietnamese Banh Mi
By Chef Susanna of Al Fresco's Kitchen
"Classically prepared in a French Baguette, our grilled Nashville Hot chicken sausage delivers the heat and is cooled with a puckery daikon salad and a zesty Sriracha mayonnaise. "
Nashville Hot Vietnamese Banh MiServings: 5
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Taste Just Like Nashville Hot Chicken Sausage
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup shredded daikon radish
¼ cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp Sriracha
1 French baguette, cut into 5 pieces, split lengthwise
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup pickling cucumbers, sliced on the diagonal
1 cup cilantro sprigs
- Pre-heat grill on medium high, lightly oil grates.
- Place the carrots and daikon in a medium bowl and toss with vinegar, sugar, and salt. Let side for 15 minutes. (Can make ahead and chill.)
- Grill sausages and rotate every 2 – 3 minutes. Grill for 6 – 8 minutes or to an internal temperature of 165 df. Remove from heat slice on the diagonal, keep warm.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise and the Sriracha. (Can make ahead and chill.)
- Brush baguette halves with olive oil, and grill face down, about 2 minutes; remove from grill.
- Generously brush the tops/bottoms of grilled baguettes with the Sriracha mayonnaise.
- To build, top the bottom grilled baguette with cucumber slices, followed with sausage slices, daikon salad, cilantro garnish and finish with grilled baguette top.