One Pan Cheesy Chicken Sausage Pasta
By Leela of Lex Eats
"Who’s down for a one pot meal? I’ve got another delicious and easy recipe for you in partnership with al fresco. Y’all know I’m a huge fan of chicken sausage. al fresco’s product is fully-cooked, so you can quickly heat it up. I always keep a package in the fridge for a healthy on-hand dinner on the fly."
One Pan Cheesy Chicken Sausage PastaServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, sliced 1/4 in. thick
1/2 onion, diced
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp. basil paste
8oz. diced tomatoes with juice
8oz. rotini pasta
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
handful fresh greens
1 cup shredded Parmesan
1 cup shredded cheddar
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and chicken sausage and cook for 5 minutes or until onions soften.
- Add minced garlic and basil paste. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, milk, and pasta to a pot and bring to boil.
- Cover and turn to low. Simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add greens on top of past, season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add cheese and stir in pasta until creamy and melted.