One Pan Sweet Potato Chicken Sausage HashServings: 3
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Sweet Italian Style Chicken Sausage
1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes
1 small onion, diced
2 cups fresh spinach
1/3 cup sauerkraut
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
- Poke holes in sweet potato with a fork, then microwave for 4 minutes, or use the potato setting if your microwave has it.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat, add chicken sausage. Cook for 3-4 minutes then flip chicken sausage and cook another 3 minutes.
- Let sweet potato cool, then dice into 1 in cubes.
- Remove chicken sausage from pan and set aside. Turn heat to medium, add 1 tbsp olive oil and diced onion. Let cook 3-4 minutes until onion softens.
- Add sweet potatoes, last tbsp olive oil and spices to pan and stir to combine. Turn up heat to medium-high and let cook 5 minutes.
- Stir potatoes and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add sauerkraut to pan and stir to combine.
- Add spinach on top of potato mixture and let sit for a minute to steam, then stir into mixture until fully wilted.
- Add back chicken sausage and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until sweet potatoes are fully cooked.
- Serve and Enjoy!