One Pot Chicken Sausage and Rice Skillet
By Meghan of Fox and Briar
"If you are looking for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner, you came to the right place! This sausage, peppers and rice casserole is full of flavor, uses pantry staples and the best part? It’s all cooked in one pot, so cleaning up can be fast and easy too."
One Pot Chicken Sausage and Rice SkilletServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp dried oregano
red pepper flakes
1 cup uncooked white jasmine rice
2 cups low sodium chicken stock
1 tbsp fresh parsley (Optional)
- Add olive oil to a large sauacepan.
- Saute onion and bell peppers. Add chicken sausage.
- Add tomato paste, garlic, spices, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add rice and chicken stock.
- Cook on simmer for 20-25 minutes until rice is cooked.