Paleo Chicken Sausage Breakfast Casserole
By Addison of Organically Addison
"This breakfast casserole isn’t just any old breakfast casserole. It’s filled with so many hearty flavors. The sweet potato “crust” adds some sweetness and additional flavor to the dish. The al fresco Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage contributes a nice pop of color and texture."
Paleo Chicken Sausage Breakfast CasseroleServings: 6
What you’ll need:
2 packages al fresco Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp ghee or olive oil
1 large sweet potato
1 cup kale or spinach, chopped
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice sweet potato into rounds and lay these rounds down into your casserole dish.
- Bake for 12 minutes and remove from heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee or olive oil in a skillet. Add sliced chicken sausage and onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Add chopped kale, sausage and onions on top of the sweet potatoes. Whisk eggs and stir in salsa, pepper and salt.
- Pour egg mixture into casserole dish. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the middle is set and eggs are cooked.