Pesto, Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage and Pasta SaladServings: 8
What you’ll need:
1 (12 ounce) package al fresco Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage, fully cooked, sliced into 1/2" pieces
1 pound seashell pasta, small, uncooked
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup (4 ounces) Parmesan cheese, shredded
3/4 cup basil, fresh, chopped
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain, place in a large bowl.
- Saute chicken sausage pieces in a skillet with 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium high heat until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Combine remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add cheese, al fresco Chicken Sausage, basil, and pine nuts to pasta, toss gently to combine.
- Drizzle with vinegar mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill.