Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Chicken Sausage
By Haylie of Our Balanced Bowl
"This Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is the perfect easy and weeknight meal! Loaded with a rich and creamy roasted red pepper sauce and Italian chicken sausage – it’s packed full of goodness and so simple! Pasta night = done!"
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Chicken SausageServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 link (6oz.) al fresco Pasta Night, Mild Italian Style Chicken Sausage, sliced
8-10 ounces penne pasta, cooked
12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained & pureed
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup reserved pasta water
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a skillet, heat up, then add chicken sausages for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- To same skillet, add garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and red pepper puree. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine in the chicken broth, pasta water, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. Let simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes until it thickens.
- Add pasta and sausage, toss until combined. Enjoy!