By Manuela of @cookwithmanuela
"Spicy and flavorful, this one-dish, one-pan dinner is so easy to make."
Sausage RiceServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Taste Just Like Nashville Hot Chicken Sausage, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and medium chopped
1 1/2 cup long-grain uncooked rice (or your favorite)
about 3 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon tomato paste (optional)
2 green onions, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat with the chopped onion. Saute' for 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the pepper and chicken sausages, and cook for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Add the rice, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, and tomato paste if using. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked. Stir from time to time, and add more chicken broth if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed. Add the green onions, mix, cover with a lid and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.