Sheet Pan Burrito BowlServings: 5
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Mild Mexican Style Chicken Sausage, sliced
1 tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp oregano
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tbsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 sweet bell peppers (any color), seeded & stemmed then cut into 1-2 inch pieces
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
4 tbsp olive oil, separated
1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 8.8-oz packages pre-cooked jasmine rice, or 3 cups leftover cooked rice
Optional for serving: fresh lime juice, parsley, cilantro, avocado
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line 1-2 sheet pans with parchment.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper
- Add the peppers, onions and sausage to the sheet pan(s). Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil, then sprinkle with 2 tbsp of the prepared seasoning mix. Toss to coat thoroughly, then bake for 25 min stirring halfway through.
- After 25 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven. Add the pre-cooked rice and black beans to the sheet pan. Add the remaining olive oil and seasoning, toss to coat. Place back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove and serve with optional toppings.