Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage FajitasServings: 4
What you’ll need:
2 packages al fresco Sweet & Smoky BBQ Chicken Sausage, sliced
2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
2 orange bell peppers, thinly sliced
2 yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
8-12 flour tortillas, depending on size, toasted
1/2 cup minced cilantro
1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add sliced sausage, sliced peppers, and sliced onion.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch, chili powder, kosher salt, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over the sausage and peppers and stir to evenly coat.
- Place half the mixture on each sheet pan, spread out into a thin layer and bake for about 15 minutes, stirring halfway, or until golden brown. If you want even browner color you can pop the trays under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Serve on flour tortillas and top with a sprinkle of minced cilantro and cotija cheese.