Slow-Cookery with Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage and ApplesServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 12oz package al fresco All Natural Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage
1 16oz can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup Riesling wine or other sweet wine
1 tsp ground ginger
2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut in 1/4" to 1/2" wedges
Hot cooked rice
- In a slow cooker, stir cranberry sauce, onions, Riesling, ginger, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper together. Mix thoroughly.
- Slice sausage, on the diagonal, into 1/2" pieces
- Add sausage and apples to slow cooker.
- Stir well to coat all surfaces.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Portion each serving onto a bed of hot cooked rice.