Smoked Andouille Chicken Sausage Grits Bowl
By Cecilia of Food Diary of a City Girl
"This Smoked Andouille Grits Bowl is not only a delicious bowl of comfort filled with protein and veggies, but it is also incredibly easy to make for a weeknight dinner."
Smoked Andouille Chicken Sausage Grits BowlServings: 4
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Smoked Andouille Chicken Sausage
4 cups of water
1 cup of grits
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup of milk
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. olive oil
6 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 lb of baby bok choy (approximately 12-16 stalks)
1 cup of your favorite pimento cheese
- Prepare grits by boiling 4 cups of water. Stir in 1 cup of grits and 1/2 cup of butter. Grits should be stirred with a whisk consistently to prevent sticking.
- Once the grits come to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in 1 tsp kosher salt and 1/2 cup of milk.
- In a cast iron on medium high heat, grease pan with 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Once the pan has heated, grill one package of al fresco Smoked Andouille Chicken Sausage until fully cooked (approximately 10 – 15 minutes).
- Once the sausage is fully cooked, use the same pan on medium-high heat to sautée the minced garlic and baby bok choy for five minutes.
- Once the bok choy is fully grilled, it is time to plate the grits bowl!
- For each serving, pour 1 1/2 cups of grits into a bowl. Top with one sliced al fresco Smoked Andouille Chicken Sausage, sautéed garlic and 3-4 baby bok choy, and 1/4 cup scoop of your favorite pimento cheese. Repeat this step for three additional servings. Enjoy!