Summertime Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Chicken Sausage
By Kyla of Kyla Marie Charles
"While we all have different favorite foods as a large family, one thing we can always get on board with is a summer pasta dish. This sauce is mild, kid-friendly, and compliments our favorite al fresco Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Sausage *perfectly*. "
Summertime Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Chicken SausageServings:
What you’ll need:
1 package al fresco Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage
1 package penne or bowtie pasta, cooked
2 tbsp butter
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 tbsp flour
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
10-12 sun dried tomato halves in oil, drained
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Optional garnish: fresh basil
- Grill chicken sausage until heated through.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until lightly browned and completely mixed. Add chicken broth and mix until incorporated.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, heavy cream, shredded Parmesan, spices, and mix.
- Combine all dishes: the pasta, chicken sausage, and sauce into a large bowl. Gently stir.
- Garnish if desired and serve!